These terms and conditions (the “Rules”) constitute the agreement between each Entrant (as defined below) and Power League Gaming FZ LLC (the “Promoter”) in relation to the PLG Tekken 7 Tournaments (the “Tournament”).
PLG Tekken 7 tournaments are competitions to determine the most skillful Tekken 7 videogame players. Entrants (as defined below) will compete against each other in a series of game matches. The Tournament is open to those who are aged sixteen (16) years or over in Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, KSA, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia and UAE.
By competing in this tournament, you agree to be bound by the rules and regulations listed below. This Tournament is limited to one entry per person.
To enter the Tournament, you must register with Promoter staff at the venue at which the Tournament is being staged or pre-register online on www.powerleaguegaming.com before the set cut-off date of each tournament qualifier. Registration of entrants will occur on a first come first served basis (each such registrant an “Entrant”, together the “Entrants”).
Bracket: A flow chart indicating who should play whom at any point during a tournament.
Round: A unit measured within a Game. Once a player wins X number of Rounds, he wins a Game.
Game: A match between 2 players. In tournaments, players must win X number of games to win the Set.
Set: Number of Games that must be won to advance to the next bracket round or claim victory.
Judge: An individual chosen to run a bracket. A judge is a tournament official and will be empowered to control the flow of matches on a bracket. While Judges can resolve conflicts it is often advised that you seek out a Tournament Director for substantial issues.
Tournament Director: An individual overseeing the event judges and managing competitor experiences. Tournament Directors are empowered by the event organizers to resolve conflicts in line with event rules.
Event Organizers: The person or people responsible for running the event.
ELIGIBILITY ON PARTICIPATION
Players participating in this tournament from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, KSA, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia and UAE need to be strictly 16 years old of age or above, holding a valid passport (with more than 6 month before expiration), and are residents or nationals of the same countries.
For example: A German national residing in the UAE under legal residency visa can participate / a French national on a tourist visa in the UAE cannot participate (citizen qualifiers will only admit UAE Nationals or people with UAE Residency visa stamped to their passports). No special case will be made regarding age or residency for participants
GAME PLAY RULES
These are the “Game Play Rules” governing how the Title Game is played during the PLG Tekken 7 Tournaments.
- Game Settings
- Game Version: PlayStation 4
- Rounds: Best of 3
- Timer: 60 seconds
- Winner must keep character
- Loser may switch
- Stage Select: Random
- Character Customizations: Off
- All base characters are allowed in the tournament. No DLC or preorder characters (such as Eliza) will be allowed.
- Match Procedure
The following steps outline the process of playing a Match.
- Players select their sides
- Players select their characters. Either Player may invoke Double Blind Character Selection
- Players play the first Game of the Match.
- The losing Player of the preceding Match may choose to change characters.
- Players go to Stage Select and select Random
- The next Game is played.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all subsequent Games until the Match is complete.
- Side Selection
Players may mutually agree who sits on the left and right side, corresponding to Player 1 and Player 2 respectively. If Players cannot agree, they will play Rock Paper-Scissors (or toss of coin) to determine who picks their side.
- Double Blind Character Selection
Either Player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a Tournament Organizer will be told, in secret, each of the Players’ choices for the first round. Both Players are to then select their first round character, with the staff validating the character selections.
- Controller Rules
All standard arcade sticks and controllers are permitted. Macro functions (e.g. turbo buttons) and wireless controllers other than DualShock 4 are not permitted. Players that use DualShock 4 but do not un-sync their controller after the Match are subject to disqualification at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
- Controller issues: (Pausing, Turbo, Hardware Binds, & more)
Pausing a tournament match can cost you a Round. If a match pauses during play immediately get your bracket judge. The player whose controller paused the game will receive a Round loss. If a player pauses during the final playable round of a Game the pausing player will receive a Game loss. You may lose a Set from a pause created Game loss. In the event that the game pause is due to a legitimate hardware malfunction you will be allowed to get another controller and restart. For more information on pause conditions please see General Rules.
- Turbo and program (macro) functions in all controllers are banned. If you are caught using them you will be disqualified for cheating.
Hardware Button Binds, so long as they trigger all of their inputs on the same frame, are legal. You may not use binds that combine directions and actions. This means a button that presses light punch+hard punch at the same time is legal, but a button that presses forward and light punch is not. Hardware Macros are not allowed. If you are using a device that has hardware modifications you must present it to the bracket runner prior to the start of your pool to check its legality.
More clarity from PhreakMods: Official Hitbox devices that handle SOCD (Simultaneous Operation of Cardinal Direction) properly are not considered to cause impossible behavior and are tournament legal. Controllers that handle this operations and do not allow opposing directions on the same frame include Godlike Controls Cthulu+. PhreakMods Cerberus, & Akishop Customs PS360+.
- Match Obligations and Punctuality
All Players must be physically present by the Match start time. Players that are not ready to play within ten (10) minutes of the Match start time are subject to penalties including a possible Match forfeiture. This also applies to the online qualifier in this tournament series.
Players may not voluntarily forfeit a Match without prior authorization from Tournament Organizers and, even with authorization, are subject to further penalties for forfeiting.
- Match Disruptions
If a Player either intentionally or accidentally pauses the Game by either pressing the start button or unplugging his or his opponent’s controller, the Player who paused forfeits the current Round.
Tournament Organizers may order a Game or Match restart due to exceptional circumstances, such as if a bug significantly affects a Player’s ability to play or a Game or Match is unable to finish.
Stalling, or excessively delaying the Game or Match, may result in a Game or Match forfeit at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
- Players may designate one (1) individual to be their coach during each Tournament.
- Players may consult with the coach for a maximum of one (1) minute in between Games
- in a Match. Deliberately giving or receiving advice to/from any other person during a
- Game or Match is not allowed and may result in penalties for both parties.
Any cheating, as determined by the Tournament Organizers in their sole discretion, will result in an immediate forfeiture and additional penalties depending on the severity of the infraction.
- Names, Logos, and Branding Restrictions
Tournament Organizers reserve the right to reject, in their sole discretion, names, logos, avatars or branding that violate the Code of Conduct, including without limitation, any that:
- infringe upon the rights of any 3rd party rights without explicit written permission
- Resemble or are identical to a brand or trademark
- Resemble or are identical to another identity or person
- Resemble or are identical to the name or persona of League Entities or other Players.
- Dress Code
All Players must wear appropriate attire at the Tournament. Jerseys and all other attire worn at the Tournament are subject to the restrictions set forth in Section above.
- Sponsorships; Other Content
Players have the ability to acquire sponsorships. However, sponsors or content falling under the following categories may not be displayed during official Tournament play:
- Brands in categories that have been granted exclusive sponsorship rights for the League or Tournament by the Tournament Organizers
- Religious programming, political matters
- 800 numbers
- Habit-forming drugs, drug related paraphernalia
- Herbal remedies or “miracle cure” products
- Tobacco products
- Any adult-oriented products or services
- Salacious products or services or other material which would generally be considered obscene or indecent
- Content that a reasonable person would deem objectionable, indecent, vulgar or offensive
- Content which promotes discrimination, hate, violence, the use of illegal substances, illegal activity, mail fraud, pyramid schemes, or investment opportunities or advice not permitted by applicable law
- Content which is unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, or violates a third party’s privacy or publicity rights
- Content which constitutes hate speech
- Content which discriminates, ridicules, advocates against, harasses, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability
- Any other activity that contravenes any applicable laws or regulations (including lotteries, illegal gambling products or other illegal wagering activity)
Players who break the rules in this document are subject to penalties including (but not limited to) the following:
- Match Restart
- Loss of Game
- Match Forfeiture
- Removal from the League
- Temporary Player Bans
- Permanent Player Bans
Any penalties imposed on a Player may be made available to the public by the Tournament Organizers in their sole discretion.
Prize pool are per event. Please refer to each registration page of each tournament to know more details about its individual prize pool.